Do you enjoy art, music and dance or have an interest in writing, producing films and taking photos? Then join us and have fun unleashing your inner artist with PTA Reflections! This year’s theme, “Look Within,” calls for your own unique interpretation through the arts. Louise Archer Students have won awards at the State and National Level! Let's do that again this year! See a video explaining the program.
Guidelines for each category are linked below. The student submission form will be available soon. For inspiration, visit the Reflections virtual art gallery and learn more about prizes and scholarships.
*To clarify the photography rules: You can create a photocollage as long as it is in one digital image. Using photo editing software to put several images into one saved image is okay, cutting photos and gluing them to a surface to create a collage would be considered a visual arts peace, not a photograph. Photos framed in a mat are also fine as long as they follow the size regulation, just actual frames with glass are not allowed.
- Students' submissions are reviewed by independent third-party judges based on artistic skill as well how the theme is interpreted. The entries are judged against peers' work (grades K-2nd, 3rd-5th, and 6th grade), and those with the highest scores from our school competition progress to an area competition and possibly to regional, state, and the national contest.
- Entries are due on Wednesday, October 16th, in the Library
- Please label the backs of all submissions with student's name, grade, and title!
- Please also ensure the required Student Entry Form (coming soon) is filled out, signed by a parent or guardian, and attached to the entry.
- Package submissions in clear zip lock bags for their protection. If you cannot find a bag large enough for your artwork there will be extras next to the submissions boxes in the Library.
Finally, there will be a Reflections Reception! This is a family event where all artwork will be on display, and there is an awards ceremony and refreshments. Please note that we recognize every student at the Reflections reception. Reception date is TBD.