Teacher Appreciation Week (TAW) Schedule May 2-6 Teacher Appreciation week is May 2-6. The PTA is sponsoring activities throughout the week to show our appreciation for all the teachers and staff at Louise Archer. We wanted to share with parents the plan for the week. Please note, there are a couple of days we need students to bring in cards and school supplies.
Sunday, May 1: TAW KICK OFF – CHALKING THE SCHOOL
Join us Sunday, May 1st, 6:30-7:30pm to “chalk” the school. We will be writing messages in chalk so that when teachers and staff arrive Monday morning for in-person classes, they know how important they are to LA families. This is weather dependent so check Facebook for updates in case of rain. PLEASE PLEASE bring your own chalk to write on the sidewalks!!!
Monday, May 2: FRUITFUL HEARTS AND MINDS
Below is a list of suggested items for your child to bring in on Monday, May 2nd to contribute to the Teacher’s Fruit Market. All fruit will be collected that morning at Kiss and Ride drop off, the front door / bus unloading area, and in front of the Mod. Or, see information at the end of this page to drop off prior to TAW. Please, no cut-up fruit. Thank you!
- Kindergarten: apples
- 1st Grade: pears
- 2nd Grade: oranges or clementines
- 3rd Grade: bananas
- 4th Grade: grapes (preferably in ziploc bags for grab & go)
- 5th Grade: peaches
- 6th Grade: plums
Tuesday, May 3: WORDS FROM THE HEART
We are asking each student to write a note to, or draw a picture for, their teacher(s) and staff members. To make sure all the individuals who make LAES special feel our appreciation, we are also asking each student to write a note to, or draw a picture for, a member of our staff. To make this easy, we have broken down the staff by grade (see below). There will be plastic bins to collect notes at the three entrances: front entrance, kiss-and-ride, and the MOD. Or, see information at the end of this page to drop off prior to TAW.
CARD/NOTE LIST: This is just a guide — students can make a card for who they want to appreciate!
- Kindergarten: Your teacher, aide, monitor, and front office staff (Shawn Atkins, Jennifer Condra, Kathy Cutri, Maria Isaza, Michelle Makrigiorgos, Jane Satterfield – monitor: Allyson Jurutka)
- 1st Grade: Your teacher and Specials (Sydney D’Ornellas, Susannah Edwards, Christopher Jacobs, Ryan Licari, Jean Simpson, Rebecca Worsham)
- 2nd Grade: Your teacher and School Counselors and Social Workers (Beth Jackson, Lauren Lipton, David Schatz)
- 3rd Grade: Your teacher and Reading Specialists and Resource Teachers (Heather Abramowitz, Donald Ishler, Julianne Kass, Catie Kucheruk, Ann Malo, Caroline Scarborough, Jill Schwartz, Claire Sefein)
- 4th Grade: Your teacher and Custodians, Cafeteria, and Health Staff (Carlos Aguilar, Amanda Avalos, Mariella Collazos, Nipapun Evensen, Stacy Kim, Pamela Manuyag, Kelly Pae, Amad Sakaji, Sukaina Sakaji, Carlos Saldana, Shuli Yang)
- 5th Grade: Your teacher and Teacher Aides and ESOL Speech (Ruth Cruickshank, Laura Higgins, Jin Lee, Darina Olefirenko, Cameron Oliver, Cynthia Payne, Indumini Ranasighe, Valerie Reilly, Vanessa Robles)
- 6th Grade: Your teacher (and monitor) and Music and AAP (Sean Cator, Mary Dini, Tara Harvan, Patricia Triller, Christina Whitaker – monitor: Felicia Sebastian)
Wednesday, May 4: LUNCH LOVE
Teachers will have a catered lunch from Mama Tigre
Thursday, May 5: RESTOCK OUR TEACHERS
Make sure your child(ren) has/have supplies packed for our special school store for the teachers. There will be plastic bins for the supplies as they enter school on Thursday! The supplies will be collected in three spots: at the front of school by the buses, kiss and ride, and the MOD. Or, see information at the end of this page to drop off prior to TAW.
- Kindergarten: sticky notepads (Post-It notes, etc), pens
- 1st Grade: dry erase markers
- 2nd Grade: 9oz disposable cups
- 3rd Grade: Sharpies, permanent markers
- 4th Grade: flair tip markers
- 5th Grade: staplers, adult & child sized scissors
- 6th Grade: Bulletin Board borders
Friday, May 6: SCHOOL SPIRIT DAY AND LA BINGO
Everyone’s favorite day! Have your child(ren) wear their favorite LAES shirt or sport their blue and yellow!
We still need your help filling the BINGO board with gift cards. So if you can, please consider donating a gift card or two and dropping off at the below address. We are requesting gift card values of $25 or more and donations be made by Sunday, May 1. Email April Buckley to request PayPal or Venmo information if you would prefer to donate directly.
Items can be dropped off at 554 Windover Ave. NW in the green PTA bin before TAW. Please contact April Buckley with any questions.