Teacher Appreciation week is May 1-5. The PTA is sponsoring activities throughout the week to show our appreciation for all the teachers and staff at Louise Archer. We wanted to share the plan for the week with parents. Please note, there are a couple of days we need students to bring in cards and school supplies.
Sunday, April 30: TAW KICK OFF – CHALKING THE SCHOOL
Join us Sunday, April 30 from 6:30-7:30pm to “chalk” the school. We will be writing messages in chalk so that when teachers and staff arrive Monday morning for in-person classes, they know how important they are to LA families. This is weather dependent so check Facebook for updates in case of rain. PLEASE PLEASE bring your own chalk to write on the sidewalks!!!
Monday, May 1: FRUITFUL HEARTS AND MINDS
Below is a list of suggested items for your child to bring in on Monday, May 1st to contribute to the Teacher’s Fruit Market. All fruit will be collected that morning at Kiss and Ride drop off, the front door / bus unloading area and in front of the Mod. Or, see information at the end of the flier to drop off prior to TAW. Please, no cut-up fruit. Thank you!
- Kindergarten: apples
- 1st Grade: pears
- 2nd Grade: oranges or clementines
- 3rd Grade: bananas
- 4th Grade: grapes (preferably in ziploc bags for grab and go)
- 5th Grade: peaches & plums
- 6th Grade: strawberries
Tuesday, May 2: RESTOCK OUR TEACHERS
Make sure your child(ren) has supplies packed for our special school store for the teachers. There will be boxes for the supplies as they enter school on Thursday! The supplies will be collected in three spots: at the front of school by the buses, kiss and ride, and the MOD. Or, see information at the end of the flier to drop off prior to TAW.
- Kindergarten: non-bleach Clorox wipes
- 1st Grade: dry erase markers & erasers
- 2nd Grade: composition notebooks
- 3rd Grade: Sharpies, Permanent Markers
- 4th Grade: Flair pens
- 5th Grade: non-bleach Clorox wipes
- 6th Grade: composition notebooks
Wednesday, May 3: LUNCH LOVE
Teachers will have a catered lunch from Mamá Tigre.
Thursday, May 4: WORDS FROM THE HEART
We are asking each student to write a note to, or draw a picture for, their teacher(s) and staff members. To make sure all the individuals who make LAES special feel our appreciation, we are also asking each student to write a note to, or draw a picture for, a member of our staff. To make this easy, we have broken down the staff by grade (see below). There will be boxes to collect notes at the three entrances: front entrance, kiss-and-ride, and the MOD. Or, see information at the end of the flier to drop off prior to TAW.
CARD/NOTE LIST: This is just a guide-students can make a card for who they want to appreciate!
- Kindergarten: Your teacher, aide, and Front office staff (Shawn Atkins, Jennifer Condra, Kathy Cutri, Michelle Makrigiorgos, Maria Rodriguez, Jane Satterfield)
- 1st: Your teacher and Instructional Assistants and Monitors (Samira Borghei, Jamayah Giles, Darina Olefirenko, Nafis Onvany, Cynthia Payne, Indumini Ranasighe, Drew Smerdzinski)
- 2nd: Your teacher and School Counselors and Social Workers (Brigit Akpinar, Beth Jackson, David Schatz)
- 3rd: Your teacher and Custodians, Cafeteria, and Health Staff (Carlos Aguilar, Amanda Avalos, Nipapun Evensen, Pamela Hession, Stacy Kim, Lydia Misajel, Kelly Pae, Amad Sakaji, Sukaina Sakaji, Carlos Saldana, Cari Ubarri, Shuli Yang)
- 4th: Your teacher and Special Education Staff (Heather Abramowitz, Donald Ishler, Catie Kucheruk, Jin Lee, Ann Malo, Cameron Readon, Caroline Scarborough, Jill Schwartz)
- 5th: Your teacher and Specials and Music (Sean Cator, Mary Dini, Sydney D’Ornellas, Susannah Edwards, Christopher Jacobs, Ryan Licari, Kennith Oedermann, Jean Simpson, Patricia Trillet, Rebecca Worsham)
- 6th: Your teacher (and monitor) and AAP and Resource Specialists (Kim Detwiler, Tara Harven, Laura Higgins, Natacha Moore, Susannah Pothuraju, Valerie Reilly, Rebecca Soble)
Friday, May 5: SCHOOL SPIRIT DAY AND LA BINGO
Everyone’s favorite day! Have your child(ren) wear their favorite LAES shirt or sport their blue and yellow!
We still need your help filling the BINGO board with gift cards. So if you can, please consider donating a gift card or two and dropping off at the below address. We are requesting gift card values of $25 or more and donations be made by Friday, April 28. Email April Buckley to request PayPal or Venmo information if you would prefer to donate directly.
Items can be dropped off at 554 Windover Ave NW in the green PTA bin before TAW. Please contact April Buckley with any questions.