We want you to join the PTA! Sign up by Friday, October 30 for your chance to win a $25 gift card to Social Burger. Individual membership is $10 and couple memberships are $15. By joining the PTA you make a difference this school year. Sign up now
I hope everyone had a nice school holiday last Monday. I am very excited for this upcoming weekend and can’t wait to see everyone out and about in Vienna sporting their Virtual 5K t-shirts running this upcoming weekend. See below more information about the 5K!!!!
Have a great week!
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Reflections art competition! We will have a virtual celebration to recognize all participants on Nov. 19th. Stay tuned for more details, including a special curbside pickup in advance!
Even though the competition is closed, your children can still submit ideas for a future Reflections theme. All National PTA Reflections themes are submitted by students! The winning student receives $100 from the National PTA. Anyone who submits a theme for consideration will receive special recognition at our Reflections awards reception in November. Have your children email their theme ideas using these forms (English|Spanish) by October 29, 2020, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to listen to WLATV every morning next week for important announcements, check your email, visit https://louisearcherpta.org/5k-and-fun-run/ and the Louise Archer PTA Facebook page for more information next week!
Registration for the #LA(Virtual)5k is open through Wednesday, October 21. Don’t forget to register today! You can register here: https://louisearcherpta.org/5k-and-fun-run/.
- Adult: $15.00
- Child: $10.00
How will the #LA(Virtual)5k work?
The virtual race can be completed at any time and anywhere on Saturday, October 24.
- Step 1: Decide when and where you will run it.You can run it in your neighborhood, on local trails, on a track, or even on a treadmill. The beauty of a virtual race is that you choose the location!
- Step 2: Decide who you will run it with. You can run the #LA(Virtual)5k by yourself, with your family, neighbors, or friends! But please take the proper steps to avoid the spread of COVID-19…wear your masks and stay 6 feet apart!
- Step 3: Map out your own race route, or use the suggested ones that will posted this week.
- Step 4: Run, jog, or walk the 3.1 miles. At the end of your race, snap a picture and send your race time to email@example.com!
- Step 5: Be sure to snap lots of pictures before, during, and after the #LA(Virtual)5K and share them on social media using #LA(Virtual)5k. Also send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bib & T-Shirt Pick Up
If you are registered for the #LA(Virtual)5k you will receive an email with details regarding bib and t-shirt pick up.
Show Your LAES Spirit!
Here are some ideas to show your LAES Spirit during the #LA(Virtual)5k:
- Wear your #LA(Virtual)5k t-shirt! If you didn’t receive a #LA(Virtual)5k t-shirt, wear a throwback 5k t-shirt, LAES spirit wear, or your favorite class shirt.
- Decorate your bib with markers
- Make a #LA(Virtual)5k banner or poster for your yard or for your neighborhood!
- Chalk your driveway and sidewalks!
- Paint your face!
- Make a sun and hang it on your front door!
How should I log my distance and time?
Since you won’t have the benefit of a preplanned course with mile markers in a virtual race, you will have to figure out how to log the distance you run (or walk). You can use one of the suggested routes, you can use your GPS watch, or apps like Map My Run, Runkeeper or Runtasitc, or you could simply get into your car and map out the mileage.
We’ll post a handful of suggested race courses the week of the #LA(Virtual)5k and include them as a handout at bib and t-shirt pick up!
At the end of the race, snap a picture and send your race time to email@example.com!
Steps should be taken to avoid the spread of COVID-19. If you choose to run the race with neighbors or friends, please wear a mask and stay six feet apart.
Please email la5K@louisearcherpta.org
Calling 4th-6th graders!
Registration is open for Louise Archers Jr. Optimists Club. Register here. First Meeting is this Tuesday morning, Oct 6th.
Sponsored by the Optimist Club of Greater Vienna. The Louise Archer JOI’s are a group of fourth, fifth and sixth graders dedicated to community service here at school and within our town of Vienna. When in person at Louise Archer, the JO’s continually improve our recycling program and collect donations for Embry Rucker Community Shelter. We hold a Toys for Tots drive during the holidays, work at the Optimist Christmas Tree Lot and help plan our annual Louise Archer Day celebration. We will be looking at virtual ways to help our community and Louise Archer ES. Our Junior Optimists are always looking to make our school and our community a better place to be.
It’s time to join/re-join the PTA. Please go to the LAES PTA Website to purchase an individual or couples membership. And while you are there, also please consider donating! Every donation, large or small, makes a big difference. Please help in any way you can.
And if you choose to be a Family Cheerleader, you can get your family name on the LA5K t-shirt! (Just make sure to purchase the Family Cheerleader level by Oct 2nd).
Note: only the Family Cheerleader level includes a couples membership. You still need to add an individual or couples membership in addition to the other donations levels.
With fundraising being especially challenging in COVID times, please select Louise Archer PTA as your Amazon Smile charity. It is so easy and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the PTA.
How to add Louise Archer PTA as your Amazon Smile charity
- Go to smile.amazon.com and log into your Amazon account
- Go to “Account and Lists” and select “Your Amazon Smile”
- Select “Change Charity” and enter “Louise Archer Elementary PTA”
- Create a bookmark to make a shortcut to smile.amazon.com on your computer and use this link when shopping.
How to turn on AmazonSmile in the Amazon shopping app on iOS and Android mobile phones
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your device
- Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap into “Settings”
- Tap “AmazonSmile” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
Please contact Regan Morgan with any questions. Thank you!
Welcome back to school! Hoping you are ready to collect grocery and/or retail receipts to earn cash for Louise Archer Elementary School (LAES). As the Box Tops for Education PTA Coordinator for LAES, I want to share how scanning store receipts with participating Box Tops products is an easy way to help buy needed school supplies. Box Tops are worth 10 cents each which can quickly add up to cash for our school.
Now that the Box Tops for Education program is digital, the new mobile app can scan store receipts and automatically identify participating products, instantly adding Box Tops cash to our school’s earnings online. No clipping required!
This YouTube video clip shows how to scan and includes a link to subscribe to the program!
Thank you for your support!
Please email Karen Meade with any questions.